Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Goals

   Currently my goal for filmmaking is to be able to capture characters in a light that showcases and exemplifies their personality. Currently I am working on a documentary about a young man who is a drag queen in Alabama. He is a character that is big and in your face and I would like to be able to show that in my documentary about him.

   My goals for this class is to be able to find my visual style and be able to express it so that I can capture important moments when I am filming. Whether it be for a documentary or if a movie. Also in this course I would like to be able to learn how to film moments in real life. I would like to be able to capture pieces of life that are difficult to capture on film without the assistance of lighting equipment or sound crews. I am interested in capturing things as they happen and not just setting artificial scenes. In my filmmaking I want to be a spectator of events not interrupting them but being a silent bystander, in that moment being able to capture the moment in it's essence.

   Through this course I hope to accentuate the talents that I already have but also learn new techniques that will allow me to push the limits on filmmaking and capture life as closely as I can. Similar to filmmakers like Frederick Wiseman and Titicut Follies. I want to be able to capture something real and meaningful through documentaries and I would like to be able to learn lighting and styles so that I can capture what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment