Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Favorite DP

Nicola Pecorini 
     When choosing my favorite DP it took me a little bit of time because there are a lot of Cinematographers who have created beautiful work. But after a couple of minutes I decided on Nicola Pecorini because his style of lighting is something that I enjoy a lot and that I would like to try to duplicate some day. He was the DP for films like Tidelands and The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus. All of his works are very beautiful and he uses so many great wide shots but they all have a gritty quality that is just great. I also like the fact that he is a cinematographer who is always concerned with the story. If a film has a bad script he won't film it. Here is a little tidbit that I read from him that I thought was funny. "I'm not interested in making even big movies with shitty scripts. So for me the only thing is the story. I mean I'm in a lucky position somehow because I can make commercials; I can make a living without having to jump from one movie to the next, but really the scripts are more and more crap." Overall, I like just like his style.



     



 













No comments:

Post a Comment